I'm Marc Jenkins, a WordPress specialist based in Birmingham, UK. I run 16BY9, a small WordPress consulting studio where I help businesses grow online.
I've previously worked with great clients like Debenhams, The Guardian Media Group, and Lloyds Bank Foundation.
Why work with me
- I'm big on communication and ensuring we understand each other. I don't hide behind acronyms, buzzwords, or technical jargin.
- You'll have complete project ownership. I provide my clients with complete access to their websites, including all the code and database. All the accounts we’ll use, from Mailchimp to Google Analytics, will be setup in your name. You’ll never be locked in to working with me and if you ever decide to use someone else, you can.
- Bespoke teams for larger projects. If your project is big enough, I can put together a team of experienced developers, designers, and marketing specialists. This flexible approach means I can keep my overheads low without the need to hire staff, but bring in specific roles when the project requires it.
- On-going relationships. When your new website goes live, that’s not the end of the project, it’s just the beginning. I offer on-going strategy, support, and maintenance.
I run my business by the following values
- Strive for simplicity. Complexity is easy: you just add more. Simplicity is about removing the noise and leaving what's important.
- Embrace change. It's natural to resist change. But the world is changing at any ever increasing rate, technology especially so. Rather than fight it, I embrace it.
- No half measures*. Quick-wins and shortcuts rarely pay off. Build for the long term.
- Share what I learn. I’ve learnt from the generosity of others. I will pass on what I learn, too.
- Open and honest. The best results are achieved when everything is out in the open.
* Yes, that's a Breaking Bad reference. Best. Show. Ever.